Monday, November 4, 2013

Book Review: Ill Wind - Weather Warden Series by Rachel Caine


Ill Wind (Weather Warden, #1)Ill Wind by Rachel Caine

Weather Warden Series 

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Rachel Caine's Weather Warden series is one of the many series that has been sitting buried in my to-read list for too long.

Ill Wind, is the first book, in this unique urban fantasy, and once I started I could not stop and continued on to read the entire series. So my review is of the series as a whole. Short story - I absolutely loved it!

A true urban fantasy devoid of vampires, the author has woven a story that is part weather channel, part storm chasers and part epic fantasy.

The writing is so good, that I forgot I was reading Urban Fantasy at times, there is a tendency in this genre for strong characters and/or plots, but a simpler style of writing and world building where the magic and supernatural elements are involved. This book and series breaks that formula with well developed world-building, a strong magic system that is tied to the world and feels believable and probable, and all the foreshadowing and inter connections of an epic fantasy.

Links:
Rachel Caine


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment