Friday, October 18, 2013

Book Review: Heart of the Mirage by Glenda Larke


Heart of the Mirage (Mirage Makers, #1)Heart of the Mirage by Glenda Larke



Book 1 of Mirage Makers series 

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

After reading Glenda Larke's other series I finally got through my to read list to read this book. I really enjoyed the world-building and historical connections. The characters were not as engaging to me as I usually like, but overall I really enjoyed this book. My only regret is that I did not realize that the next 2 books in the series are not available in ebook format in the US.

Drawing from historical events and basing the language and culture on Ancient Rome, and what feels like a mix of the Australian outback and African deserts, Glenda Larke manages to weave a believable tale of self discovery, and magic while avoiding the standard fantasy trope of medieval Europe.

Authors website: Glenda Larke.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment